IVAO Virtual Airlines System
IVAO Flight Operations Department
Welcome to IVAO's Virtual Airlines System!
What is a VA ?
A virtual airline (VA) is a dedicated hobby organization whose aim is to simulate the flights and the traffic to model the operations of an airline.
Virtual airlines have a presence on the Internet, similar to a real airline. Some virtual airlines cover countries, or continents, while some operate internationally.
The integration of Virtual Airlines is vital to the growth of IVAO user activity. Virtual Airlines on computer simulated networks have proven to be an added value. The following requirements are driven by a high degree of respect, mutual support and network activity Catalysts which promote and enable IVAO network registration and usage consist out of VA advertising, combined IVAO-VA organised events on both the network as on public demonstration events and last but not least fairly simple supporting technical developments like IVAO ACARS.
- IVAO integration shall be defined by a strong and cooperative bond between virtual airlines and division staff. Focus will be on collaboration of network and public activities requiring involvement of multiple staff disciplines.
Examples are combined or integrated PDE activities, network flight events RFE, air-bridge etc.
IVAO support shall consist out of local support by the division staff as defined below. The support by division staff is the main human factor. All other factors can be automated and only require relatively simple automated administrative processes.
- IVAO FOD will provide a website for VA listing, statistics and ACARS.
- Approval and management is the responsibility of the division FOC and FOAC or in their absence DIR and ADIR. VA removal however has to be requested by the divisions to the FOD.
- FOD always reserves the right to remove a VA from the registered VA list. Reasons for this action should be forward to the Executive.
- The Executive Council always reserves the right to remove a VA from the VA registered VA list. This could be based on any serious and/or regular transgressions of the IVAO R&R.
- To become a registered IVAO™ VA, your VA has to be free of charge for the members, and should not have a commercial goal. Your VA will not profit directly or indirectly from using the IVAO network, neither use IVAO™ name to do publicity for the company.
- Registered VAs are responsible for the logos and names they submit to the IVAO database. IVAO™ will not be responsible for copyright violations.
Featured member of the day.
Flight Operations Deparment
© 1998-2018 - IVAO ® - All Rights Reserved