IVAO offers a rating transfer to its users who hold real-world ATC or Pilot licences, or hold ATC ratings at VATSIM. As VATSIM does not offer a pilot career, transfer of pilot ratings is not possible.
Please note: The rating transfer is a voluntary offer by IVAO towards its users. The offer may be withdrawn entirely in the future or denied individually, by decision of IVAO Training Department, IVAO Executive or the DIR/ADIR of the member's division.
To be eligible for a rating transfer, the applicant has to fulfil certain requirements:
- Hold a valid ATC or Pilot licence, issued in accordance with ICAO/FAA standards, – or –
- Be a member of the VATSIM network with a rating as shown in the table below.
- Be a member of an active division on IVAO.
- Successful completion of the IvAc or IvAp theoretical exam (as applicable).
- Has logged a minimum of hours on our network (see conversion table for the relevant minimum hours).
- Shows exemplary behaviour in accordance with IVAO's Rules and Regulations.
- The Division HQ of the applicant has to support the request. To be able to do so, the Division HQ will have to either know the applicant personally or had the occasion to see the applicant fly or control on our network.
- Under certain conditions the minimum required hours can be waived, if it is assured that the member shows a perfect handling. This decision is made by the Division and should be checked carefully by a practical check or interview. HQ resolves the right to make a crosscheck.
Conversion of licences
The conversion of real-world ratings or licences as well as VATSIM's ATC ratings into IVAO ratings is centered around the abilities we expect the applicant to possess. Ratings not shown are not eligible for transfer.
||Minimum Hours (*)
||Minimum Hours (*)
||TMA Controller (S3)
||PPL or CPL without IR
||Enroute Controller (C1)
||PPL or CPL or ATPL with IR
||Senior Controller (C3)
||CPL or ATPL with IR and MEL
(*) Hours can be reduced if the Division has checked the ability of the applicant.
Rating transfer process
The process of any rating transfer involves certain people to advocate and validate the request. It should be followed carefully to enable rapid completion.
- Furnish a scan of your licence, please include all pages without any hidden item, – or –
- Make a screen shot of your VATSIM profile page, please make sure VID, name and ratings are clearly visible (as applicable).
- Request the rating transfer with your Division HQ (DIR/ADIR), who will have to act as an advocate to your request. Include the scan of your licence / profile screen shot.
- If the Division HQ supports your request, they will forward your application to TD/TAD.
- The Training Department may request the applicant to complete one or more theoretical and/or practical exam(s) before deciding on the rating transfer.
- The Training Department may request an interview with the applicant so as to check his professional capability corresponds with the provided license and/or his English proficiency level matches the requested rating.
- Once the application is approved by the Training Department, the applicant will be upgraded to the applicable rating as shown in the table above.
- The applicant as well as the concerned Division HQ will be notified of the completion of the rating transfer.
Attaining higher ratings after a rating transfer
Should the applicant of any rating transfer wish to advance to a higher IVAO rating, he will have to complete the normal theoretical and practical exam for the desired rating.
Downgrade after a rating transfer
In exceptional cases, there may be reasons to downgrade a user who holds the privilege of a rating transfer. Reasons for a downgrade may include, but are not limited to:
- Indications of forged documents that supplemented the rating transfer.
- Verifiable reports of sub-standard performance of the user in relation to the rating he was upgraded to.
- Misbehaviour or violation of IVAO's Rules and Regulations, which would also justify a suspension of the user from our network.
© 1998-2014 - IVAO - All Rights Reserved